TOUR PRICE, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- While Africa Travel Tours has utilized best endeavors to ensure the accuracy of the tour prices, such price is subject to change as result of factors beyond Africa Travel Tours reasonable control, in which event Africa Travel and Tours shall utilize its best efforts to notify clients of such change as soon as possible.
- The tour price includes only those services /items that are included as per the itinerary and the tour dossier, and the clients shall be responsible and pay for any additional items where, as required by the Company from time to time, such payment is made either directly or third party service provider or the company for settlement with a third party service provider.
- The company records that prices/charges/tariffs in respect of certain activities forming part of the tour are determined in accordance with the public regulations of a particular country and, accordingly, the company has no control over any increase in such prices, charges and tariffs, including where such increases are implemented during the tour. The company accordingly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to increase the relevant prices /charges/tariffs to account for such increases and/or fluctuations.
- A non –refundable 25% deposit is required to secure a booking in respect of the tour .This non refundable deposit shall be set off against the tour price.
- The tour price must paid by not later than 28days prior to the departure date for the tour ,failing which the company reserves to right to deem booking as having been cancelled and to lay the cancelled penalties set out in these terms and conditions.
- In the event that the client makes booking within 28 days off the date of departure of the tour, he or she shall, in order to secure the booking be required to pay the full price.
- Where the booking is cancelled at anytime up to 29 days prior to the date of departure of the tour for any reason, the client shall forfeit the non –refundable deposit.
- Where the booking is cancelled less than 29 days prior to the date of departure of the tour for any reason ,the client shall be liable to pay the following penalties to the company
- Cancellation between 28-15 days prior to the date of departure a cancelled penalty equal to 50% of the tour price.
- Cancellation between 14-7 days prior to the date of departure, a cancellation penalty equal to 75% of the tour price: and
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to the date of departure or” no shows”, cancellation penalty of 100% of the tour price.
- The Company shall be entitled apply any portion of the non-refundable deposit paid by the client toward any cancellation penalty payable in terms hereof.
- The reserves the right, at any time and any reason, to cancel the tour on notice to the client .In such event, the company shall refund the tour price (which includes for the avoidance of doubt, the non-refundable deposit) to the client. It is record that refund of the tour is price as aforesaid shall be the company ‘s sole responsibility to the client ,and no claim for any damages ,howsoever arising ,shall accrue against the company by reason of a cancellation of the tour .
- The client acknowledges that the tour is subject to a minimum booking of 4 passengers (including the client).If the minimum booking is not obtained, the company reserves the right to cancel the tour and refund the tour price to the client, in which event the client shall (for the avoidance of doubt) have no claim for any damages against the company.
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER TRAVEL PAPERS
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passport, visa, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other required documentation are all in order for the countries to be visited during the tour.
- The company shall not be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client prior does not correctly attend to the client’s documentation and related matters as contemplated.
- Comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory on the tour. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has such insurance in place (together with the required paperwork to prove such insurance) before embarking on the tour.
- Should the client be unable to present proof of such insurance to the company ( on request therefore by the company) , the company may, in its sole discretion, exclude the client from the tour, and the client shall be liable for the cancellation penalty payments set out in these terms and conditions.
- The client acknowledges that the travel insurance must include comprehensive medical insurance including provision for air evacuation, and that the company shall not be liable for any consequences, damages or loss as a result of the client failing to have the necessary cover.
- The client shall be responsible for all baggage and personal effects by him or her on the tour and the company shall not be liable for any loss or damage to such baggage or personal effects, howsoever arising.
- The client shall be entitled to one bag (being a back pack or soft bag, and not a suitcase) that weighs not more than 20kiligrams, and a day pack. Should the client require a larger baggage allowance, this must be arranged with the company against payment of a fee that the company may levy in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the aforegoing, the company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage.
- The client accepts that to participate in the tour requires a measure of physical fitness and health and it is the client’s obligation to ensure that he or she is medically fit to embark on the tour.
- Where the client is over is over the age of 65, the company requires a medical certificate or doctor’s letter confirming that the client is medically fit to undertake the tour.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
- The client must at all times comply with the law, custom and foreign exchange regulations of countries visited during the tour.
- In addition, the clients acknowledges that any disruptive ,dangerous or potentially dangerous behavior during the tour shall not be tolerated and that company, it’s employees, representatives, agents and/or contractors being so authorized, reserve the right to exclude the client from the tour at any point therein in such circumstances.
- The company shall not be liable for any costs and/or expenses for the client resulting from exclusion as aforesaid, and the client shall not be entitled to a refund or rebate of the tour price for any additional compensation is such instances.
- Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reason beyond the control of the company may cause delays or alterations to the tour .The company shall not be held liable in any way for any these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these
INDEMNIFICATION AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- The client accepts that the tour is of an adventurous nature and involves an element of personal risk.
- The company and its respective directors, officers, employee, representatives and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever arising (including, but not limited to, the clients or any other persons injury or death, or any loss of or the damage to the client’s or any other person’s property) which the client or any other person may incur or suffer as a result of or arising from the clients participation in the tour and any other activities undertaken on or during the tour, and the client irrevocably and forever releases and discharges the Company and its respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all such liability.